Installation guide by TankHero0815:
1. Download and install OptiFine (Links are provided below). This will create a new profile in your Minecraft launcher.
2. OPTIONAL; Go to the settings of the OptiFine profile inside the Minecraft launcher (Installations -> OptiFine) and increase the amount of RAM that will be used (MORE OPTIONS -> JVM ARGUMENTS -> change the 2 in -Xmx2G to half of the amount of RAM you have, say you have 8GB in total, so change it to 4). This can improve your performance.
3. Download the SEUS Renewed Shader and copy the downloaded .zip file to the shaderpacks folder. If the folder doesn’t exist simply create it (see Folder locations). The Resource Pack should also work with BSL Shaders but it is recommended to use SEUS Renewed.
4. Download the Resource Pack and copy the downloaded .zip file to the resourcepacks folder.
— Now start Minecraft —
Enable Resource Pack and Shader:
5. Options -> Resource Packs: select NAPP.zip
6. Video Settings -> Shaders: select BSL_v7.1.0###
7. Options -> Video Settings -> Shaders -> Shader Options -> Surface Options -> Texture Resolution: 512
8. Options -> Video Settings -> Shaders -> Shader Options -> Surface Options -> Parallax Occlusion Mapping: ON
Tip: Refer to #shader_settings for some optimised settings.
9. Options -> Video Settings -> Details -> Alternate Blocks: OFF
10. Options -> Video Settings -> Quality -> Connected Textures: Fancy or Fast
Resource Packs: C:/Users/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/resourcepacks
Hint: You can get into the “Roaming” folder really quickly by opening the Windows Start Menu and typing %appdata%. Hit enter.
Shaders & Alternatives
SEUS Renewed: https://www.sonicether.com/seus/#downloads
Compatibility: NAPP resource pack is currently set for 1.14.4+. However, if you encounter compatibility issue message in newer version of minecraft, we suggest you to just ignore that. We have tested it on 1.15.2 and 1.16.1 (with OptiFine of course). It works well for as long as you are using the right shader with the right settings.